Thursday, September 19, 2013

Author Interview: A.D. Trosper

1. Who inspired you to complete your novel and publish? (Please add information about your book)


My husband was the one behind that. He knew I was a writer before I did. It was encouragement and support that brought the writer in me to life.

Right now I have book one of my Dragon's Call trilogy out, Embers at Galdrilene. The second book in the trilogy, Tears of War, will be out September 13th of this year. I also have a small children's Christmas Fable out. Next year will be a very busy year. I have three books slated for release. The third book in the trilogy, and two other unrelated book. One a paranormal romance that is almost finished and one an urban fantasy. And through all of the crazy hours tapping away at the keyboard with the headphones on lost in music and my writing, my husband is there, still encouraging me, still believing in me.


2.What advice would you give to aspiring authors regarding the publishing and marketing process?


Find a good crit group, either online or off. When you are ready to send your book out into the world, stop. Get a good editor first. Then get a good design team to help you give your book the professional look it should have. It may cost some money, but nothing is worth every penny more than a good editor and designers. I businessman wouldn't walk into a board room in flip flops and sweats, a doctor wouldn't walk in to see his patients in his pajamas and his hair sticking out all over and your book shouldn't go out into the world in that condition either. You book is the first look at your professional self people will see. Make sure you make a good impression. Its too hard to get readers back after offering a sloppy presentation.


3. What would you tell authors to "Start Now" concerning social media?


Get an author Facebook page. Remember, you personal page is your personal page. You need one for your author self. If you don't have a book out yet, don't worry. Talk about your writing, your goals, the ups and downs of creating that first book. Talk about other books you love, etc. Gather a following. Get on Goodreads and set up and author page there. You don't have to have a book out first. Set up a Twitter account for your author self. And yes, you need two selfs. A personal one and an author one. Your author self is you going to into the office 9 to 5. Your personal self is the you that parties all weekend. Don't get the two mixed up.


Thank you, A.D., for the wonderful interview! I am so excited to read Tears of War! 


Embers is in Select, so the e-book is only available through Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Embers-Galdrilene-Dragons-Call-ebook/dp/B0080R4LPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336343993&sr=8-1


No comments:

Post a Comment