Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Author Interview: Kimmie Easley

1. Who inspired you to complete your novel and publish? 

My family inspired me to actually get the story out and complete my book. Souls Set Free is fiction, however it is inspired by my own childhood and journey. The main events and struggle are all true. So, although it wasn’t an easy process, it was quite healing. I do know I wouldn’t have followed through if it weren’t for my husband and daughters.

2. What advice would you give to aspiring authors regarding the publishing and marketing process?

Do your research. Be thorough and professional. Be prepared to work hard and be your biggest advocate. It can be daunting, but all worth it. Figure out the path that works best for you, traditional or self- publishing (again, do your research), and don’t let anyone make you feel like you’re doing it wrong. It’s your choice. If you’re going to write a book, go all out and own it!
Also, the best marketing took you can have is to support fellow authors, writers, and readers. It makes all of the difference in receiving support on your end.

3. What would you tell authors to "Start Now" concerning social media?

I think I lucked up in this department. I think the norm used to be write your book, and then get on the social media train. I was the opposite. Probably because I’m such a research hound. I was on Facebook and Twitter as a writer at least two years before my book came out. This helped me literally reach a platform of thousands of people. I was fortunate that it happened this way for me because I couldn’t imagine doing all of the hard work promoting my book, and writing the second, all while attempting to build my platform from scratch.
It cannot be said enough, hop on the social media train ASAP and ride that sucker all the way to the top. The information you receive along the way is priceless. But the networking, connections, and supporting friendships are life changing.

Thank you, Kimmie, for your heart felt answers! I can't wait to read Souls Set Free!

Souls Set Free by Kimmie Easley

Women’s Fiction

Emma Carter isn’t your average loving mother and wife. Actually, she’s not loving at all. Unable to move on from a tormented childhood of abuse she’s now at risk of losing her own family. Hopeless, she goes to bed every night secretly longing to not wake up the next morning. That all changes the day her mother is murdered while living on the streets. Emma must now face all of the pain she has spent years trying to numb with pills and alcohol when she is forced to travel back to her hometown to identify her mother’s body.

If only it were that easy…

Will reliving the abuse all over again help Emma forgive her mother or send her spiraling back into a world she fought so hard to survive? 






PURCHASE LINKS:

Kimmie grew up traveling the country, rarely settling in one place for much longer than a minute. Being no stranger to heartache, she allows her unconventional childhood to fuel her writing.
Kimmie serves as secretary to the East Texas Writers Association.  She is a 2012 NaNoWriMo winner. 
Kimmie is addicted to cupcakes, books, chocolate, and flip flops. She is a homeschool momma, southern wife, and pug wrangler.
She lives by the motto, when life gives you lemons ~ write about ‘em!


AUTHOR CONTACT LINKS:



No comments:

Post a Comment